Thursday, May 15, 2008

Weekend at home

We spent this past weekend at home. Hard to believe, huh? It was a very nice weekend though. Dylan was back home after being out of state for work the whole week and we didn't have anything planned but to relax. That is just what we did. Yara got to come over and "swim" with Madison for an hour or so while Roxanne and Jason worked at their little boy's school carnival. Madison usually loves the pool, but I think she was getting sleepy and/or hungry, so didn't enjoy it as much as she usually does. Yara on the other hand, loved it and at one point, crawled back in herself after I had taken them out! :)

Dylan painted the last wall in the living room (for those of you who have seen our living room, now only the wall with the fireplace is burnt orange, the rest of the walls are the khaki color we have in other rooms throughout the house - the orange was beginning to overwhelm us). While Dylan painted, Madison and I did some art work. I have been meaning to paint something for our living room, but hadn't gotten around to it. I got on a roll this weekend though and ended up doing more than I had anticipated.

Here's a couple of pictures of our masterpieces.




1 comment:

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

those are beautiful! it looks like my house with all of the homemade art. we definitely need to hang out. i think we are two peas in a pod.
tif