Thursday, May 15, 2008

9 months

Well, now that we are already about 2 weeks away from the 10 month mark, I've got some time to post about Madison's 9 month well exam and all the new things she is doing!

She is doing great. Nothing major to report from her 9 month appt. except that she was slightly anemic due to the fact that breast milk doesn't provide enough iron, so she now gets vitamins once a day and is also drinking mostly formula these days, so should be where she needs to be in no time.

She weighed 18 lbs exactly, was 27 1/2 inches long, and her head circumference is 17". She is in the 50th percentile for height, 46th for weight and 25th for head circumference. I was a little worried about the head circumference at first, but found that it is growing (was 16" at 6 months) so that is all that matters. She's just a little bit with a little head. I have a small head too. :)

According to her height and weight figures, she didn't grow much in the last 3 months, but I think we just missed the growth spurt by a week or so because we're pretty sure she is going through one right now!

She has begun pointing her finger at everything. It is so cute! She also tries to stick her finger in mine or Dylan's mouth. I think this is because I will do the same to her to see if she has gotten any teeth yet. That kind of got her into some trouble last week though. :( She apparently tried it out on another baby and that baby decided to bite that finger. :( When I found out what happened, I felt so bad for her and then started feeling very protective of Madison. I had to reason with myself because it was just a baby that did it!!! I called Dylan in AL to tell him all about it and he helped bring me back to reality. :)

Anyway, you couldn't even tell she got bit. It didn't break the skin, it wasn't red or anything. I wouldn't have known if they hadn't told me.

I expect that we may be on the other side of this type of thing one day...if Madison bites another kid. I sure hope not though!

On a lighter note, Madison can stand alone!!! For a few seconds... She also tries to take a step while standing and that is usually when she topples over. She has been practicing with a walker at school and now at home too and loves it! She thinks it is funny when we stand her up and then let her go. It is like she is surprised every time that she is able to balance herself.

Here's a short video of her walking.

No comments: