Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First real swim

Madison and I went swimming with Melissa and her kiddos the last weekend Dylan was out of town. (That last part was a bummer). She really enjoyed being in the water and I was SO happy to get some sun. Overall, it was a success though I may have gotten a little carried away with the sunscreen. I put sunscreen on Madison 30 minutes before we left and then at least 4 times while we were out there (about an hour total time, I think). I'm pretty sure Melissa was ready to call the looney bin on me when I put a big glob of sunscreen in my hands and rubbed it in Madison's hair, trying to get it on her scalp. She wouldn't wear her hat though and I didn't want her scalp to burn!!! Her hair was a little greasy the next day even after washing it good. oops. ;o)


She fell asleep on the way to the pool and she really needed a nap, so we attempted to create an umbrella with a float.



Just woke up and not sure what she thinks about all the roucus in the pool.


Right before Madison pulled off her hat (again) and I decided to fix the problem with sunscreen.


Swimming with mommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, I *promise* I was not thinking you were crazy when you put the glob of sunscreen on her head, but as you know, you did make me chuckle! :)