A couple of days ago I had the biggest scare ever - I thought I lost my wedding ring!
While in the car, I took my ring off to put lotion on and apparently set it in my lap (which I did not remember doing when I got out of the car to pump gas). After I had dropped Madison off, I noticed that my rings weren't on my finger anymore and started wondering if I took them off at home or in the car or what?! That goes to show you how tired I was that morning. I first thought they may have fallen out of the car when I got out to take Madison into daycare, because at that moment, I remembered hearing something hit the ground when I opened the door, but didn't think much about it when it happened. (If you saw how dirty my car is right now, you would understand the lack of concern).
SO, to make a long story short, I called the daycare and they couldn't find it in the parking lot, it wasn't in Madison's bag, her crib, etc. I went home over my lunch break - not there. Then I started really getting worried. I had a million thoughts running through my head (such as the only thing I had going for me at that point was the fact that it is insured, but we would have to make a new ring special somehow -- renew our vows??).
I decided I had better go to each place I went that morning and look myself, so I first went to the gas station and pulled up to the pump I was at (4 hour earlier). There was a lady pumping gas at the same pump, but I looked on the ground and there was my ring!!!!!!!!!!!! I jumped out of my car and picked up my ring and practically told everyone in the parking lot what just happened. The lady pumping gas at the pump was amazed that she hadn't seen it - it was right in front of her! I spotted my wedding band under the lady's car, a little ways away from my engagement ring.
I could not believe that I actually found my rings lying in a gas station parking lot 4 HOURS LATER!!!!!!!! They are a tiny bit scuffed up, but that is about it, and the scuffs can be buffed out. Can you imagine?!?!?! Unbelievable.
1 comment:
wow! i cant believe it was still there. amazing.
tiff
Post a Comment