While in Nebraska, Madison's Nana suggested that we get it cut. Though I was pretty sure Dylan was just playing devil's advocate, I was still concerned about his feelings and didn't want to go behind his back and do something he didn't agree to. Sherry didn't think he would really mind and promised to protect me if he did ;o), so we did it!!!
Dylan went hunting with his grandpa and dad, and Sherry, Karen and I took Madison to Lollipops Cuts for her first haircut.
Afterwards, Sherry and I bet on whether or not Dylan would notice. I said he would notice right away and Sherry thought he wouldn't at all.
When they got home, Dylan walked in, looked at Madison, and said (in a playful tone), "Did you get a haircut???" I couldn't keep a straight face, so I didn't look in his direction!
Dylan didn't mind a bit. He was just fine with it. He agreed it was becoming more of a playful battle between the two of us than anything else and he thought she looked cute. I think she looks so much more grown up! I have a picture at home of us at Lollipops that I will scan and post later, but until then, here are a couple of pictures I took of her with her new haircut, in a new outfit ready for her first day back at school after our trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment