Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Single parents

A couple of weeks ago, Dylan was out of town for 3 or 4 days. He then was gone all last weekend for Stewart's bachelor party and turned right around Monday morning and flew to AL for work. He got home late last night, thank goodness!!! I got a taste of what it would be like to be a single mom and I can say with 100% certainty, I would NEVER want to be there....for so many reasons. Madison is such a good baby so I don't even know what it would be like if we had a little terror! Not only is it quite lonely, there is just stuff that has to be done to live and there isn't much time to do that if you don't have any help. We already knew what we have in Dylan but got confirmation again!

I have to mention my friend, Melissa, who is not a single parent, but whose husband works out of town close to 3 weeks out of the month, each month (his schedule differs, but you get the picture). They have 6 kids combined (5 that live with them) - the youngest is not quite 2. Having been home alone quite a bit the past couple of weeks, I am questioning how in the world she does what she does. Melissa, you deserve a cookie (or maybe a dozen). :)

No comments: