Tuesday, April 1, 2008

8 months

Madison will be 8 months tomorrow. If you only knew how much we are enjoying each and every minute with her... Pretty amazing what kind of impact a little person can make in your life in just 8 short months!

So, I thought it was time for another well exam, but I was wrong. I guess the next one is at 9 months. I can, however, update you on her weight because we went to the doctor yesterday to make sure her ear infection has cleared up. It has, so I guess I have to find another excuse for the middle of the night wimpers and whines that sound a lot like, "come hold me". :)

Madison now weighs 17 lbs, 10 oz. and, according to one of the charts I have consulted online :), she is up to the 46th percentile for weight.

I know...I'm a nerd...but here's the chart.

I think this one gives a little different percentiles than the doctor has given us in the past (@ 6 mos they said she was in the 20th-some % for weight - this one says 30ish), but pretty close.

No one told me that at 8 months we would already be dealing with a very determined, somewhat sassy little girl. :) Just within the past week, Madison has made it very clear when she wants something and does not appreciate us taking it away from her. Paper, for instance, that she wants to chew on - take it away from her, she screeches and whines. I've said it before, but show her an electronic of some kind - laptop, in particular - and she will dive bomb it. If you hold her back, she is not happy and let's you know. Either that or tries really hard to wiggle her way to it.

Though I was a little surprised to see that she is already expressing what she wants, the truth is, we are thrilled that she is so active and curious. I really think she is one smart little girl - you can just look at her and see "the wheels turning" inside her little head. :)

On that note (and I promise I'm almost finished), Ms. Rosie told me today that Madison got to visit the "young toddler" classroom for a bit yesterday, where Yara has been for a couple of months. Ms. Rosie's response to how she handled the new classroom was, "You have one smart little girl on your hands." She said that Madison sat still and just looked around at everything, watching all the others and checking out her new surroundings for about 45 minutes or so and then she moved toward the toys. It sounded as if she was scoping things out and deciding where she wanted to go and what she wanted to do before making her move. What a sweet little thing!

No comments: