Believe it or not, I survived Madison's first day at "school". I was so sure I was going to cry, but surprisingly, I didn't. I guess I got all the tears out the first week back at work. Though I know Madison was in loving hands (her Nana, Dylan's mom, stayed with us for two weeks when I went back to work), leaving her and going back to work was so hard for me. People kept telling me it would get easier, but each day just seemed to be getting harder. Though I would still love to be able to stay home and take care of her full time, I have adjusted somewhat now - probably as much as I ever will. Madison, on the other hand, had a couple of rough days in the beginning getting used to taking a bottle, but seems to be doing great!
When I dropped Madison off this morning I was greeted, by name, by the woman at the front desk who I had never met. She and the ladies in Madison's classroom were so incredibly organized and accomodating - it seemed as though they were just waiting for us to arrive - like they were there just for Madison! Madison's teacher was so on top of things and seemed very competent and in control. She also "oohed and aahed" over Madison quite a bit which helps. :)
I only worked half of the day today so that I could pick Madison up early. When I arrived, our big girl was lying on the floor calmly next to her new friend! The teachers obviously placed the girls next to each other on purpose - the other baby is 4 months old (twice Madison's age, but doesn't seem to be that much bigger) and has a head full of dark wild hair just like Madi! The two were meant to be buds, I'm sure. :) Madison was lying on her back staring at the other baby, who was lying on her tummy looking back at Madi. I'm sure they were communicating in ways we'll never know.
Madison's report card said that she only took a couple of 30 minute naps today - not surprising though. She is so much more alert these days and I'm sure she didn't want to miss a thing today with all of the new people, sounds and things to look at. She is definitely making up for it tonight though. With the exception of a few moments awake here and there, she has slept almost the entire evening. It's been almost five hours since she ate last too - she is worn out! As soon as the batteries in the camera are recharged, I'll attach a picture of her after her big day!
No comments:
Post a Comment