Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Madison Goes to Austin

What a busy but exciting weekend we had! Sherry, Dylan's mom, watched Madison for us for a couple of hours so that we could go to a movie. It was the first time Dylan and I went and did anything alone since Madison was born. We hadn't been to a movie in almost 3 months and since we both love movies so much and were used to going almost weekly, the time had come! I have to admit, it was very hard for me to leave Madison after being at work all day too. I was able to pick her up from day care and spend a little bit of time with her before we went. Once we got there I was fine and was glad afterwards that Dylan and I took the opportunity to spend that time together. Sherry got some special time with Madison too so it all worked out!

On Saturday morning, Sherry, Dylan, Madison and I all headed for Austin. Madison got to meet her Great Grandparents - Sherry's mom and dad, Great Aunt Holly and Uncle Bob, Great Uncle David and his wife Sylvia, cousin Justin, Sherry's Aunt Billie and Uncle George and their daughter Melissa...and I cannot forget Luke, Duke, Mocha (Holly and Bob's three labs), Walker (Justin's new golden retriever), and Honey (David's dachsund).

Great Nana had the best chicken salad sandwiches (and some yummy cookies too - which I ate two of!) ready for us when we got there and after spending a little bit of time relaxing, we headed over to Holly's for dinner. Holly cooked a great meal, as always! We spent the evening catching up with everyone, watching football, and just taking it easy. Madison was such a good girl!! I don't think she cried the entire day. I know more than one person asked if she EVER cries. ...and of course, Madison didn't leave Austin without a gift. :) Thanks Holly for the precious outfit! Madison's planning on wearing it to daycare this week!

We headed back early Sunday morning, so it was a quick trip, but well worth it. We did get some great pictures at Nana's, but somehow managed to forget to get the camera out at Holly's...we'll have to get some more next time.



No comments: