I am really not sure where to even begin. The past month or so has been a whirlwind and it isn't because I was having too much fun. I mentioned going to Cleveland for trial on the last post, and I actually ended up having to stay longer than I had planned. I was there almost the entire week, that week, then went home for two days and flew right back up there to help finish up the trial. The trial ended the Monday before Thanksgiving and the jury deliberated through Wednesday that week. The worst part of the whole deal is that we ended up losing. By the time I got back home and settled in, it was time to head out of town for Thanksgiving! We decided to make a short trip to Beaumont this year instead of going to Austin or beyond, since we both had been travelling so much. It was a very laid back Thanksgiving, but it was great - I am so thankful for the time we had to just relax and spend time together.
Just when I thought things would be getting back to normal at work though, I was asked on the Sunday before we went back to work, to help out in a trial that started the next day. This case was being tried in Houston, but I had never laid eyes on the case before, so knew it was going to be interesting, to say the least. Though I only got three hours of sleep a couple nights in a row last week during the trial, everything went well. I was able to learn the case quickly and the trial was the shortest trial I had ever been a part of. I think it was the shortest trial the attorneys had ever experienced themselves too! Though the jury didn't find in our favor on all claims, the outcome was better than in the last case.
Next week should be a little calmer, though we do have some big deadlines to meet in a little over a week. Hopefully things will begin to slow down a bit as we approach the New Year!!
Enough of that talk though...let me update you on the fun stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment