On Sunday, after church, we went to lunch with the Wiltshires, and it was then that Dylan and I made the final decision that we are going to have to stop taking Madison to restaurants for awhile... The past few times we have gone out to eat, it has been, well, let's just say it hasn't been fun. She does not enjoy sitting in a high chair anymore, and even if that parts goes ok at first, after she eats, she is ready to move. We went to Olive Garden last Sunday and the fit started before we even got the salad and breadsticks. To her defense though, she was tired, and nap time was getting close, so the fit wasn't all that unexpected this time. It got to the point though that I was afraid no one could enjoy their lunch, so I got up and took her into the bathroom to try and get her settled down and the whole time she was saying, "Iwuh go...., iwuh go...". I had never heard her say that before, but it became clear that she was saying she wanted out of there!! So, this is why we will be eating as many meals at home for awhile - it obviously isn't any fun for her, which means it isn't fun for us either. (Side note: "Iwuh go" has become part of her vocabulary since then. When we go to put her in bed some nights, she says, "iwuh go" while pointing to our bedroom. In other words, she wants to go to our bed instead. It is NOT easy to put her in her crib when she is whining out those little words... :( )
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Big weekend!
Last weekend was a fun-filled weekend. We started early Saturday morning - Dylan working on the Christmas lights, Madison playing outside and helping Daddy, while I worked in the house a bit. The Wiltshires came over that morning with a ladder, so then Jason joined Dylan in the yard and Madison, Yara, Roxanne and I had tons of fun inside. In just a couple of hours we had drawn/colored, played with baby dolls, had lunch, played outside some more with the guys, painted, and watched a movie! The girls had a blast! Madison wasn't too happy when I took her away from the painting to take a bath, but she quickly got over it and moved on to the next thing. Madison also got to give Yara her Christmas present - a t-shirt that I had also bought for her. How cute are these?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome...those girls look like best friends - for sure. They are adorable. Merry Christmas :)
Post a Comment