At Madison's last well exam, I learned that when babies start becoming aware of dirty/wet diapers, talk about them, grab at them, etc., it is a good time to buy a potty chair. Since she isn't quite 17 months yet, we don't have any big potty training goals at this point, but I got a potty chair to put out and start slowly introducing Madison to it. We talk about it, ask her if she wants to potty in it and sometimes sit her on it, and have been doing this here and there the past few days. Two mornings ago, I sat Madison on the potty right after she woke up, just to see if anything would happen. Before I knew it, she had gone in the potty (the chair sings and plays music when she sits on it and congratulates her if/when she goes)! I was SHOCKED! I started celebrating and had Madison run and tell Dylan, etc. She probably thought I had lost my mind. :) THEN, last night, when I went to change her diaper before bed, she said, "I pee-pee". I asked her if she wanted to "pee-pee in the potty" and we went downstairs to the potty chair. I sat her on it and she immediately went! Again, I couldn't believe it and was even more excited this time because she had just told me she needed to go!!! We are so proud of Madison, but are still planning to take it slow and let her train at her own pace. There is really no rush - she is still young, but if she figures it out sooner than later, we won't complain! :)
Here are a few pictures of Madison being a big girl. This was an especially funny moment because as she was sitting there, she reached over and grabbed a book and started flipping through the pages. And if that isn't funny enough, after looking at a few pages, she licked her finger and then turned the next page! You know...like some people do when the pages are sticking and their finger is too dry to grab it??!! Not only was it hilarious that she did this like a little adult, she actually put her entire finger in her mouth instead of just licking the tip, which made it even funnier. What a character!!
No comments:
Post a Comment