Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Madi update - 14 months tomorrow!

Madison finally had her one year well exam last week. I was so looking forward to finding out how much she has grown since she went to the doctor last...it seems like it was forever ago!! SO, here are her stats: 20 lbs, 32 inches. I was really surprised when the nurse said she is 32 inches, but even MORE surprised when the doctor told us later that she is in the 97th percentile for length! As for weight, she is in the 27th percentile. She went through a growth spurt for sure, but seemed to only grow in one direction over the past month or so - UP! :)

Needless to say, Madison outgrew all of her clothes in what seems like overnight and until I went on a shoe shopping mission a couple of weeks ago, she went from having a different pair of shoes for every outfit to not having a single pair in no time!


Most of you know or maybe remember that Madison didn't even get her first tooth until right around her first birthday. She is making up for lost time though and about a couple of weeks ago started working on getting all four top, front teeth in at once!! At the time, I was afraid we had entered the terrible twos several months early, but now that all four have come through, her mood seems to have done a 180. She has been such a happy little girl the past few days and I just LOVE that. She is just so fun to be around - so cute and such a character - no matter what kind of day we have at work, she can turn everything around for us the minute we pick her up at daycare and she greets us with so much excitement!


Either the days are just passing too quickly or Madison is just changing so quickly I can't keep up! It really feels like she has learned so many things in just the last week. Her vocabulary has grown quite a bit and now includes ma ma, da da, duck, ball, book, puppy, thank you, bye-bye, hi, yes, no, wow, up, down, baby, Yara and probably others I can't remember right now plus some she has repeated or has said on cue, but not regularly just yet...such as nana, grandpa, grandma and other friends' and family members' names. She will pretty much try and repeat any word we say though. She really wants to talk!!!


I really have SOOO much more to update everyone about, but I'm feeling a small sense of accomplishment now that I've taken to time to add this and now I'm sleepy. More to come SOON, I promise! I'll try and post more pictures than words next time too. :)


Until then, here's a picture from the other night of Madison with her new baby doll and baby bottle. There are very few moments these days that she doesn't have her baby in her arms and the bottle up to the baby's mouth. It is WAY TOO CUTE!!!


3 comments:

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

she is the exact same height as owen!!!! he is in the 5th percentile:) teething stinks huh? i always worry that ill never get my sweet baby back. anyways, cute pictures and hope all is well.

Dylan and Christina said...

How funny!! And cute! :) I can't even believe that. I would love to see them together again!! Hope you guys are doing great. Madison is wearing me out!! She is in to everything!!

Dylan and Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.