Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Moving on up

Madison is transitioning to the next classroom (Tod II) this week. I can hardly believe how big she is getting! I was just thinking the other day that it is almost Christmas, so a year has passed since we were celebrating Madison's first Christmas and she was so tiny, and then a year before that, celebrating Christmas with our families shortly after learning we were going to be parents. It is crazy to think how long ago that was though it seems like it was just yesterday!!

Anyway, back on track...they are introducing Madison to her new classroom a little bit each day this week and next week will be her first full week there. So far the reports have been great! She is loving her new classroom! Her teachers said that when they took her over to the new class the first day, she got down and started playing and just waved goodbye to them without showing a bit of concern. They say they see her playing on the playground with her new class (the two classes are right next door and each class has it's own playground) and already miss her, but she seems to be doing just fine with the change. The room is bigger, there are more toys and activities for the babies, and of course, many new friends, and she and Yara are back together again. :) I know she loves that. (Sidenote: When we told Madison this weekend that Yara was coming over to play, she immediately ran to the front door and stood there, looking back at us and then at the door, as if she was expecting her to come in any minute. Then, when the Wiltshires arrived, Madison was beside herself!!! She was flapping her arms as if she was going to fly away, giggling, shrieking and tried to hug Yara for about 10 minutes after they arrived! She is such a little social butterfly anyway, but she sure loves her friend Yara. It is soooooo cute!!!). Transitioning is not nearly as scary this time as it was for me when she went from the infant classroom to the toddler I classroom. I'm excited for her and all the new experiences she will have and the new things she will learn. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: