I think I am beginning to figure it all out - how to balance everything in my life and realizing that as hard as it is to do at the time, taking time out for myself is good. Maybe you know what I mean about it being hard to do? Just lately have I started to feel like a break - even a short, yet uninterrupted nap - would be nice. When it comes down to it though - when I do have downtime, all I can think about is spending that time with Dylan and Madison, which is what I ultimately decide to do.
Last night, around 9, after Madison was in bed, I met Roxanne at the pool (our city pool, where I plan to spend the summer - SOOOOO different than anything I ever knew as a city pool...you know what I mean if you are from B-town) and we swam laps for about an hour. Don't get too excited, when I say laps, I just mean we went from one end of the pool to the other many times - this included walking, side-stroke, back-stroke, etc. It's all considered exercise though, right? We definitely exercised our mouths in that hour too! I was thrilled to get some exercise and I realized that I really do have enough energy leftover for myself after Madison goes to bed, but I can't lay on the couch or it is all over! I enjoyed Roxanne's company and the conversation so much too.
Then, tonight Roxanne invited me to a bible study at her church. It started at 7, so Madison had some daddy-only time before bed. The bible study was just what I needed. We haven't found a church that we feel fits us just yet and based on everything I saw at the bible study tonight and what Roxanne has told me about the church, I think it is definitely one we will visit soon. Again, Roxanne and I were able to have some time to sit and talk, which was so nice. It has really been awhile since I have sat down and had a good uninterrupted conversation with a friend.
In case you were wondering...I love every-single-thing about motherhood. I would absolutely NEVER trade it for anything else in the world. It is the most amazing gift. The irony in all of this is that if I weren't a mother, I may not have the same desires, may not have met some of the friends that I have now, including Roxanne, nor would I have the appreciation I have now for simple moments like these. To top it off, nothing is greater than coming home refreshed and eager to see the best husband and most amazing beautiful little girl in the world.
1 comment:
i completely understand! those breaks help us be the best we can be for our family. i take them all of the time:)
tiff
Post a Comment