Tomorrow should be mine and Dylan's first full day back to work since last Friday. Madison woke up with fever Sunday morning and after two days of a high temp staying close to or at 102, we think it finally broke this afternoon. Hard to believe, huh? Probably not. Illness has become a common theme on this blog!
The doctor thought it looked viral - she had a really red throat, etc., but her ears were ok. She has been miserable though and there hasn't been much we can do to help except to hold her, which is all she has wanted the past couple of days. We didn't mind the extra time we got to cuddle with her though.
On a lighter note, I wanted to mention some of the fun things she did today as she started feeling better and a few other things she has done recently.
Madison is easily amused. She will throw her pacifier down, pick it up, throw it down, pick it up - over and over and laugh hysterically each time. She also does this head nod thing over and over and will stop to see if we are looking at her and then crack up. What a goof!
She has decided that she doesn't mind her daddy's scratchy face anymore and now lays the kisses on him thick. SO SWEET!
Speaking of kisses...tonight I was holding her on my hip and I looked over at her and said, "I Love You." She didn't really pay attention to me at first, but I said it again and she looked at me, leaned over and gave me a kiss! How sweet is that? And so smart!!
She knows what she is saying when she says, "Ma-Ma and Da-Da". I love that she knows I am her ma-ma and Dylan is her da-da and that those sounds mean something to her now.
Madison likes to share her treats with her brothers. She will sit next to them and hand them one after another. Tonight she pushed Brody out of the way so that she could give Cobber one instead!
I think most of you know that they teach sign language to the babies at Madison's school. The other day Madison pointed her wet finger toward an outlet, so, of course, I told her, "No" and moved her away. She went back a couple of times and by about the third time, she looked at me when I said, "NO", and then did the sign back at me! I was so impressed!
......anyway, we had a great weekend, Madison and I are so glad Dylan is home with us this week and Dylan and I are so glad Madison is feeling better!! I have some pictures and a video or two from last week to post - will try and get them up in the next couple of days.
1 comment:
hey! that was a painful viral infection. it's going around austin too. owen and a friend had it as well. im glad she's feeling better.
Post a Comment