Wow - I am really getting behind on posting to the blog and I'm not happy about it.
The weekend before last, Dylan, Madison and I went down to the little lake in our neighborhood because it was just too beautiful to be inside. Dylan took his fly rod and Madison and I hung out on a blanket and watched. As you can see from the pictures, I need sun more than people in the desert (my version) need water. I was begging for a tan (would have even taken a burn at this point), while stressing over Madison getting too much or being too hot.
It was 70 degrees outside. I lathered Madison up with sunscreen 30 minutes before we left the house. I made sure that she had a hat (and her sunglasses, of course). Here's the best part...we were outside not 15 minutes and I started feeding her ice chips because I was afraid she was getting too hot and may get dehydrated!!!! I'll need all the moral support I can get this summer, I imagine.
Anyway, Madison survived - didn't have a hint of a burn (nor did I have an ounce of "color"). Dylan and I were so glad to get out of the house and enjoy the weather though. I know Dylan is itching to get more fishing in this summer.
Oh, and as you can see, Madison's sun hat is a little big - she looks like Gilligan. :) We were in a hurry and just saw that the tag said "infant" and didn't realize it had an actual size (12-18 mos.). Oh well, what do you do? It served its purpose...


No comments:
Post a Comment