Madison woke up this morning with her right eye completely crusted closed. Not to be gross, but it wasn't your typical eye booger. We noticed just within the past couple of days that her right eye has been kind of oozy, but it wasn't red and she didn't seemed bothered by it at all, so we didn't think much about it....that is, until this morning. I decided that I had better take her in to the doctor to make sure that she didn't have some kind of contagious eye infection and also to get her started on antibiotics right away, if needed, before the holiday weekend. I was kind of expecting the doctor to tell us to go home and that it was no big deal at all, but much to our surprise, we found out that our little punkin has an ear infection!!!!! The doctor was quite surprised, herself, because Madison wasn't acting like she was in pain or anything but apparently she has a LOT of fluid in her ear and the doctor said it should be hurting her more than she is letting on. Dylan and I both felt so bad because we had no idea that that was going on. She has been waking up more at night and has been acting a little fussy here and there, but I just attributed that to changes in the way she deals with things as she learns to do more, etc. Poor baby was probably fussing because her ear was bothering her!!! She is really one tough little cookie though - compared to how you would expect her to act, she hardly complained! I am so glad we took her in and get it checked out. Anyway, we now have antiobiotics, eye drops and pain reliever and she is sound asleep...
We got a weight check while there too! She is 17 lbs 7 oz!!! Wow - what a change from 6 months! I knew she had to be going through a growth spurt - she has been wanting to eat much more and just seems so much bigger to us now.
No comments:
Post a Comment