Thursday, January 24, 2008

What's new with Madison

Madison is quickly approaching the half year mark!! :o) She'll be six months a week from Saturday. We're really beginning to see her turn into her own little person - showing lots of personality, expressing her likes and dislikes and seeming to understand a lot more of what is going on around her. It is truly amazing to watch the changes that take place - even daily. I thought I had better make a note of some of the things she has started doing so that I can use this as a reminder when I get back around to writing in her baby book!!! So, here goes....

She gets scared or startled VERY easy. :o( We started noticing this right before Christmas - she gets scared and very upset when certain people that she does not know or has not seen in awhile talk to her. It is the most pitiful thing you have ever seen. She does the whole sad bottom lip thing and tears start rolling immediately! It has almost brought me to tears a couple of times myself. ...well, I say almost, but there was an incident that has to do with me trying a Christmas dress on her that she apparently did not like...which followed by both a Madison AND mommy "meltdown". I just felt horrible for upsetting her so... Needless to say, we did not buy that dress.

She's trying to pull her knees up under her when on her tummy. This started around Christmas time too.

She's sitting up all by herself without support. This is not to say that she never topples over, but can sit and play for long periods of time with no problem. Of course, she's been getting better at it over the past couple of months, but we really starting noticing a big change right after the new year.

She's rolling with more ease.

She has had it with the car seat!! No longer is she going to just sit back and let us strap her into that mean thing...at least not without a fight. Ok, so that may be a little dramatic, but she really doesn't seem to like it much anymore. Before you can get her strapped in, she arches her back and tries to buck out of it. Once she realizes she can't get out, she starts to fuss a little...which usually stops once we start driving. It has been cold lately, so we have more layers on her (including a coat) so I almost wonder if she just feels stuffed in there and doesn't like that feeling. Who knows, but I'm sure it will pass.

And, on a lighter note, here are a couple of new things that Madison thinks are funny:

- Mommy's hiccups
- Cobber and Brody playing with their toys
- Cobber coughing (or choking on something???)

No comments: