Monday, January 7, 2008

Raspberries

Madison has a new trick. The past week or so she has really been working hard to do something with her mouth. Until this morning, I thought she was trying to make the "B" sound. She puts her lips together tightly and kind of buzzes. Dylan and I thought it was so cute, but after a few days I started to wonder if it was really that hard for a baby to make that sound. She looks like she is working so hard at it!! Anyway, a lot of times she ends up blowing bubbles and spitting! :o) We kept making the sounds and faces back at her and just thought it was the cutest thing. This morning when I dropped her off at daycare, I asked Ms. Rosie if she has been spitting and blowing bubbles for them. Ms. Rosie immediately said she has and said it was probably her fault because she has been trying to teach Madison to do "raspberries". You know, kind of what you do when you blow on a baby's belly.... That makes it even cuter!! I think this might be the first thing that we can say she has watched someone do and has tried to imitate! ...besides maybe her laugh. I'm pretty sure that she that one of her (many) laughs is an imitation of sounds I have been making to her since about when she started smiling.

No comments: