Friday, August 24, 2012

Where does the time go?

If you watch the Bachelor or the Bachelorette (or even if you don't) you have probably heard that each rose ceremony is "the most dramatic rose ceremony yet." Seriously, ever single one is "the MOST dramatic." I'm starting to feel like I'm no better when it comes to repeating myself. :) "Time flies." "That was the fastest year of my life." "THAT was the fastest year of my life." So, I suppose just like the Bachelor is going to keep getting MORE dramatic every episode, my days and weeks and months are just going to seem shorter and shorter as I get older and we get busier. So, with that, I will just say it... The past 5 years and 4 months have DEFINITELY been the fastest 5 years and 4 months of my life!

It really doesn't seem possible that our baby boy is 4 months already...giggling, cooing like crazy, and even got to try rice cereal today! Weren't we just at the hospital?! To make things even crazier, Madison starts Kindergarten on Monday. My sweet girl is growing up way too fast! She couldn't be more excited about starting school. :) They are both such huge blessings...our sunshine. :)

This week I started back at work. It has been hard to get adjusted to not being with the kids all day. I thought the 2nd time around would be easier, but leaving Peyton wasn't any easier than it was when I went back to work after having Madison. He is in such great hands though, which helps tremendously! This year I'm at a brand new school with a new team and new subjects. I'm still going to be teaching 5th grade, but will be teaching a self-contained class - so my kiddos will stay with me all day and I'll teach every subject. The school is beautiful and I really like the team I'll be working with. I think it is going to be a great year! Challenging, but good. :)

Today we got to go and meet Madison's kindergarten teacher! She is so sweet and Madison is super excited!! Her classroom is FULL of cute little reading nooks, fun furniture and bright colors...lots of pink! I think Madison is going to LOVE being in that class!

We have a busy weekend ahead with Landon's 7th bday party on Saturday and an end of the summer BBQ with friends on Sunday AND a lot more work for me in my classroom! It's been a long week too...I can barely keep my eyes open! Good night for now!

No comments: