Saturday, August 18, 2012

All we prayed for and more...

It just wouldn't be right to start blogging again without FIRST telling the story of how we went from our little family of three to four.  Most of you know that Dylan, Madison and I hoped for, wished for and prayed for another baby to complete our family for a very long time.  Dylan and I decided we'd like to start trying for a second baby when Madison was a year old.  We figured a two to three year age difference would be good and wanted to allow for some time just in case it took awhile.  Little did we know, God had a different plan in mind.  After three LONG years of worrying, waiting, praying, doctors appointments (only to be told there wasn't anything wrong), lots of tears, and even more praying, I finally decided that OUR plan wasn't HIS plan and that I needed to truly give up the worrying and start living the beautiful life the three of us had together.  Just when I gave it ALL up to Him, I found out I was pregnant.  No joke.  How many times have you heard that story?  Now I know it is true.  No doctors, no medication, no counting days, checking calendars, etc.  We didn't get pregnant around Madison's 1st birthday, as I had hoped...it was around her 4th birthday, which meant our babies would be almost 5 years apart in age.  It wasn't what we initially imagined, but I can't even begin to list the number of reasons His timing was and is absolutely perfect.  And he is absolutely perfect.

Meet our Peyton. :)


I heard a friend the other day say that God was "showing off" when he made her daughter.  Oh. my. goodness...if that doesn't describe how we feel about this little man, I don't know what does!  We couldn't be more blessed to have this perfect little baby boy in our lives.  And he makes the perfect sidekick to our beautiful, fun, energetic, creative, smart, outgoing, girly-girl...Madi.  What did we ever do to deserve these two?!



Every good and perfect gift is from above.
James 1:17

No comments: