Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We're back!

Well, we're back in action! Dylan has been a huge help in getting this one set up - spent several evenings transferring info, searching for templates, etc... Such a good (and very proud) daddy! :o)

Lots has happened since the last post - many "firsts" for the three of us. Last weekend, Dylan, his parents and I went to the Houston Dynamo game (MLS), which means we got a babysitter for the first time. I had mixed feelings about going only because we both really value the time we have with Madison on the weekends since we work all week, but was very glad that I did once it was all said and done. We had a great time! I had forgotten how much fun they are! Dynamo won and will now go on to compete for the championship title again (or maybe they have already??), so it was very cool to have been at that game.

Genae and Albert Leal and the kiddos watched Madison for us. Just as expected, they took such great care of her - as if she was their own. Madison had a blast with the kids. Genae's daughter, Miranda, who is eight, absolutely loved getting to help babysit! The boys, Anthony and Matthew, loved playing with her too. Genae is expecting a baby girl in March, so I think that having Madison around that evening got everyone a little more excited about Baby Leal's arrival. :o)

Genae kept me updated with text messages and even recorded a video of the kids playing with Madison - they really had her laughing! I'll post the video as soon as I get it from her. It is too cute!

Another first - Madison got to wear shoes for the first time! She must have thought they were the coolest things ever! As if she isn't already fascinated enough by her feet, put some shoes on her and watch the amazement on her face! Here's a couple of pictures of her trying to figure them out. And yes, she's in the Bumbo seat, but notice it is NOT on a table or counter and we were right next to her, monitoring her every move... ;o)
And finally, Sunday night Madison slept in her crib in her own room for the first time. I had been putting it off and putting it off because I just couldn't bear the thought of her not being close in our room. She is almost too big for the bassinet though so we decided now was a good time to make the transition. For the most part, she doesn't seem at all phased by the change. I, on the other hand, will have some sleep to catch up on as soon as I am comfortable with the fact that she is just fine right across the hall...

No comments: