Friday, November 2, 2007

Three Months...and a Little Sassy

Madison is 3 months old today! It's crazy how fast the past three months has flown by! She is really starting to show so much more of her personality. We love watching all of her new facial expressions, how she reacts to both of our lovely singing voices ;o) and Dylan's goofy....well, just his goofy self! She loves every minute of it! She is also getting so much stronger. She will still try and roll over when laying on her side, but if on her back, she's not too interested in getting on her tummy. Her new thing is trying to sit up. If she is propped up with a pillow on our bed or next to us on the couch, she pulls herself forward until she is almost sitting up by herself. We are really going to have to be careful to watch her every single minute now because I'm sure it won't be long before she will be trying to roll off of things.

Last night was a big night for us! I had read somewhere (I know, some of you are probably thinking, "What a surprise!") that once babies are about 12 lbs they should be able to sleep through the night without a middle of the night feeding. Well, Madison was 12 lbs last time we went to the doctor (about two weeks ago) and we've still been waking up around 2 a.m. for a feeding each night. The article also said that if your baby continues to wake up to eat, it may just be out of habit and not that they are truly hungry. I know it's not a science and that it totally depends on the baby, but thought maybe I would try a little something different last night.

I fed Madison at around 8:30 p.m. and she went to sleep shortly after. She woke up at some point in the middle of the night (I assume it was around 2ish, but didn't look), so I gave her her pacifier and covered her back up. I decided that if she went right back to sleep, it probably was just out of habit that she is waking up, but if she showed any sign of hunger still I would feed her. She didn't move another muscle or make another peep until 5 a.m.! So...I was actually feeling pretty well rested this morning. I fed her at 5 a.m. and she went right back to sleep again. We eventually woke her up to get her ready for daycare - she was still a little sleepy, but in a great mood.

Here's a few pics from this morning - our sassy little girl on her 3 month birthday. :o)



No comments: