Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The 24-hour date...well, sort of


Madison spent her first (partial) weekend away from home this past weekend. She spent the day and night with Dylan's parents (Nana and Pappa) Saturday and we got her back Sunday morning. Though Dylan and I spent the majority of the day cleaning and organizing, we had a very relaxing day and then got to spend the evening together doing two things we love to do together - out to dinner and a movie! We ended up going to a late 3-D horror movie (hence the very fashionable glasses - and yes, we do think we look cool) and though the acting was bad and the story was quite silly, it was a ton of fun! Just imagine scary things appearing to fly right towards your face! Also, they had the theatre set up where you could hear other people's screams through the speakers which was pretty neat.

I definitely felt rejuvenated and so happy to have had the time with Dylan. I must admit I was constantly reminded of Madison throughout the day as I picked up her toys, or saw others with their kiddos and it made me miss her so much! We were both super excited to see her the next day and were so happy to hear that she had such a great time with her Nana and Pappa.

No comments: