Madison has been busy learning all kinds of new things - both good and not so good and loves showing them off! We're just trying to stay one step ahead and keep things under control! We have a monkey in our house and trying to get a monkey to do what you want them to do is not always easy!! :)
Last Friday Madison had her 18 month check-up. She weighs 23 lbs and is 32 1/2 inches. I don't have her percentages in front of me, but the doctor said she is tall for her age.
Developmentally, Madison is doing awesome! She really just talks up a storm and seems to add a couple of new words to her vocabulary daily. She also shows that she understands concepts - knows when to say "bless you", when to say "thank you", etc.
Last Friday Madison had her 18 month check-up. She weighs 23 lbs and is 32 1/2 inches. I don't have her percentages in front of me, but the doctor said she is tall for her age.
Developmentally, Madison is doing awesome! She really just talks up a storm and seems to add a couple of new words to her vocabulary daily. She also shows that she understands concepts - knows when to say "bless you", when to say "thank you", etc.
Climbs on everything!!
Tells us when she is ready for her bath.
Tells us when she is ready for her bath.
Is getting so good at going to bed without a fuss. A couple of times she has eve said, "bye" and "I love you" to me as I walked out of her room! How cute is that?!
Can name all of her friends at school and does so often.
Yells at the dogs to go "owside"... (But whines when the dogs won't give her kisses or let her hold them). I don't know where she learned that??!! :) Oops...
Often goes straight to the couch after dinner, gets up on it, sits back and says, "TV". (In our defense, she hardly ever watches t.v. except for the occasional cartoon while we are getting ready for work. She just knows that Dylan and I are going to end up on the couch at some point in the evening, so she is joining us!)
Is really getting good at going on the potty. We still aren't consistent yet, but she often tells us when she needs to go and actually holds it until we get there. Just within the past few days though, it seems that we have had a small setback and she hasn't been talking about it, so we haven't pushed the issue either. She is still so young and we are just excited that she is showing interest this early!
I am sure that I am leaving something fun out, but here are some recent pictures...
Yells at the dogs to go "owside"... (But whines when the dogs won't give her kisses or let her hold them). I don't know where she learned that??!! :) Oops...
Often goes straight to the couch after dinner, gets up on it, sits back and says, "TV". (In our defense, she hardly ever watches t.v. except for the occasional cartoon while we are getting ready for work. She just knows that Dylan and I are going to end up on the couch at some point in the evening, so she is joining us!)
Is really getting good at going on the potty. We still aren't consistent yet, but she often tells us when she needs to go and actually holds it until we get there. Just within the past few days though, it seems that we have had a small setback and she hasn't been talking about it, so we haven't pushed the issue either. She is still so young and we are just excited that she is showing interest this early!
I am sure that I am leaving something fun out, but here are some recent pictures...
Wearing mommy's shoes - one of her favorite things to do.
2 comments:
its been a while since i measured owen, but i think she is taller than him! crazy! im glad she is doing so well. im jealous with the potty stuff! owen still yells no at me when i mention it! he'll be 15 before he's potty trained:)
Wow! That girl is growing. It sounds like she is doing a lot of cute stuff and talking so much. It has been so long since I saw her. We really need to get togther sometime soon so her and Ian can play for a little.
By the way, how are you getting her to go in the potty? Ian won't do it at home! I am told he goes at school but it is hard to believe when he shows no interest at home.
Post a Comment