Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Oh Madi!

Just wanted to post a quick update before I head off to court for a big hearing we have this morning. What a week it has been already! Hopefully, if all goes well today, I will be home with Madison the rest of the week though. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, back to the real reason I am posting: MADISON, of course!

At the moment, we are pretty sure she is going through a growth spurt because she is scarfing down everything in sight! The past two nights, she has eaten every bit of food on her plate for dinner (she's a good eater for the most part, but this is not normal) and has asked for more, dessert, bedtime snacks, etc. Her mood the past two mornings has been a bit difficult, that is, until she gets breakfast, and then her whole life changes! Yesterday, as she was eating the cinnamon toast that put a huge smile on her face, she tells me, "God loves toast too! God is in the sky...and at church. And Daddy loves toast too! And Yara loves toast too." Too cute!

A couple of other funny moments:

I worked late last night (getting ready for this darn hearing!) and when I got home, Dylan tells me that Madison referred to him all night as, "Mommy's husband". For those of you who don't know the story behind this, Madison was a bit confused about her daddy's relationship with me - is he MY daddy too? No, he is my husband. Her usual response, "NO, he is MY husband." She must have given in and decided it is ok for him to be her daddy, and my husband. :)

Oh, yes, and if I haven't already bragged enough about how smart we think our Madi-girl is, here's more...

After showing her that I had her "Ariel" movie the other day, she responded, "Where's the wallet?" Where's the wallet? Ahhh...the case! Seriously, how in the world did she just draw that analogy between a wallet that holds daddy's cards and the case that holds her movie?!

Ok, I have more, but gotta run!

1 comment:

Justin and Melissa said...

Such a silly little girl...and very smart.