Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Character clothing

As you see, Madison has a Mickey Mouse nightgown.  If you know me, you are probably wondering what got into me - buying that sort of thing.  I have this thing about clothing with characters on them, and can't bring myself to put anything like that on Madison.  Before having a baby, I would even get nauseous when I would see room decorations covered in Disney or other cartoon characters (no offense to anyone who likes this sort of thing - just not my cup of tea). The thing is, now that Madison shows preference towards certain toys (her dolls) and certain characters (she LOVES Minnie Mouse), I am getting into it too!  She loves Minnie Mouse so much that I decided we had to have a big Minnie Mouse stuffed toy, and when I saw this nightgown, I couldn't pass it up.  Seeing her face when we pull it out for her to wear makes me forget that character clothing is kind of tacky.  Now, at this point, I am still not willing to let her leave the house in actual clothing covered in Disney Princesses or Dora The Explorer (though I have to admit we did buy her a Disney Princess backpack that even lights up!), but the other stuff I can deal with.  Who knows, if Madison really wanted a character room at some point, I might even be ok with that. :)  Oh how they change us...

4 comments:

Nate & Brooke said...

I have to agree with you on that post! I am not a big fan of the character clothing, but when your kids loves it it makes it hard to say no! I just won't let Hudson leave the house in it either! :) Hope you guys are doing good!

Reneau said...

not my cup of tea either! ha ha! so glad you blogged about this!

Anonymous said...

OMGness I think the same thing! I HATE that stuff but Marlie gets really geeked about Ariel...who knew?

Keith, Tiffany, Owen and Delia said...

i completely agree with you! i compromised and only let owen sleep in his themed clothes. he can get as many character themed ts he wants as long as he doesnt wear them outside of the house:)