It's the blog's turn though and I have to update you on Madison! Our poor baby has had a rough few days!! This past weekend she had some kind of stomach virus - vomiting and diarrhea all weekend, but mostly in the middle of the night both Friday and Saturday night. She hardly ate anything, but was able to keep quite a bit of pediatlyte down.
Sunday during the day went well and she slept through the night Sunday night, so we decided to take her to school Monday. I got a call at about 10 a.m. from daycare though that she was having some kind of allergic reaction and had bumps on her face, wrists and feet. Are you serious?? What could this be now? Poor thing hadn't hardly eaten a thing in two days. What could she possibly be allergic to? I left work early to pick her up and since I couldn't get her in to the doctor, took her home and gave her some benedryl. After a long nap, the rash and welts were still there. To make a long story short, I ended up taking her to the doctor the next day and found out she has Fifth Disease. Why on earth they have to call it a "disease" is beyond me - that is just scary! Really all it is is another virus she must have caught and apparently the doctor has seen tons of kids in her office with the same thing. It doesn't bother her, it is not contagious at this point, but the ugly rash may stick around for 2-3 weeks. Yuck.
Here are some pictures of before all this started, others from the weekend and a couple of yucky ones that I took yesterday!
Feeling good and loving the warm weather!!
I just love this picture....
Yucky tummy....our poor baby.
Feeling better and wrestling with daddy.
Admiring her new artwork and finding a home for it on the refrigerator.
No explanation needed. Just doesn't seem fair!! :(
3 comments:
poor thing! i hope she starts feeling better! she is looking like such a big girl these days.
poor baby that looks like it was painful...
Cute pictures! I love the one with her hair in braids. I can't figure it out but there is something about that picture that is so adorable....it almost looks like she is painting, but I think she is putting something on the refrigerator. Very cute little girl. Hmmm....I wonder where she gets that from? :)
Post a Comment